“You are entering into a prime space of opportunity, freedom and flow as long as you chose to claim it. And the more you honor yourself, communicate openly, and lead with your heart, the more harmonious your journey shall be for you.” ~Danielle Mercurio, Soul Expander + Guide
Sun’s Out! Welcome the Summer Solstice with Self-Care Rituals
Are you ready for the summer?
I sure am!
The sun is out, the sandals are on, and self-care is in this warm weather season.
With June 21st starting off these next three months of blue skies and tan lines, this is the perfect time to find ways to take care of yourself while you take in more vitamin D.
Read on for a wrap up of my favorite summer self-care rituals that will have you riding the waves and catching high vibes this season.
6 Summer Self-Care Rituals To Start This Sunny Season
1. Welcome the summer season with yoga. June 21st is also International Yoga Day. Set your intentions for this new season with a yoga flow that you can practice daily. It is also good for you if you can take your yoga practice outdoors. Allow yoga to guide you in shedding what no longer serves you as you welcome in the new possibilities this new season can bring. Make the most of this practice by ritualizing it as a welcoming ceremony. Remind yourself within each asana how you wish to feel and want to accomplish by the end of the season.
2. Radiate gratitude with a journaling practice. Reflect on all the things you are grateful for this past spring. This will help close the previous season and continue into this new one with a positive mindset. Here are some journal prompts you can write down and think on when practicing this summer self-care ritual:
- List the good things that happened to you this past spring.
- Celebrate the challenges you overcame – big and small.
- Write down what you are leaving behind in the last season and what you would love to welcome in this new season.
- Take note of the “energy givers” and “energy takers” so you can do more of what gives you life this summer and less of what gives you stress.
3. Level up your life this summer with breathwork & meditation. Raise your energy by visualizing what you want to heal from and how you want to feel from welcoming the newness of this season. Notice what lights you up and what brings you joy. Seize your summer by tuning into those feelings by practicing these breathwork energy healing rituals that help you create a picture in your mind and manifest your best life and brightest self.
4. Craft this next chapter of your life with Scripting. Another self-care ritual you can practice this summer is to write down your life over the next few months as if it is already happening. Get as clear as you can with the vision you have for your life and don’t be afraid to dream big! A mindful manifestation meditation is a powerful way to discover how to learn and implement this scripting exercise.
5. Fill your summer days with fun family activities. Find a jar for the family and fill it with 10 to 20 pieces of paper of activities you love to do together now that the weather is nicer. A “Family Love Bank.” Activities can be playing with the dog or taking the kids to a playground. You can also motivate your family to start new healthy habits collectively to keep energy levels and good moods up. How about adding to the “Family Love Bank” at least 30-minutes of mindful movement like taking walks outside or hiking trails.
6. Quench your thirst with water-rich fruits and vegetables. Be refreshed with your favorite fruits and veggies to integrate healthy foods into your backyard meals while staying hydrated. Here’s a list of water-rich foods that will help you stay hydrated all summer long:
- Bell Peppers
Combine some of these foods with coconut water and blend it all in a nourishing, refreshing smoothie. Also check out these 21 plant-based vegan recipes from expert chefs for more healthy and delicious food ideas that you, your family and friends will enjoy.
Practice Self-Care During the Summer Solstice
This summer solstice, between the pool parties and road trips, take time to take care of yourself. Sunshine is medicine for the soul. Incorporate these practices into your summer self-care rituals and share them with others so they can do the same. If you’re looking to dive deeper into these practices and how to create a more mindful routine that’s perfect for the summer days filled with sunny rays, pick up a copy of “Let Your Fears Make You Fierce” and check out all my other self-care packages available at koyawebb.com.
For winter wellness, click here for 10 self-care rituals to practice during holiday season.