Over the past weeks, it’s become abundantly clear that Covid-19 – or RoRo-V as I affectionately call it – has caused a global awakening. Within months, we’ve seen a drastic shift in everything from our economy to our professional and personal lives to our general sense of peace. Thousands have died, many more are sick, and the majority of people are now living in fear.
I believe that this collective vibration of fear has to be acknowledged and transmuted into faith.
No matter your belief system, we can all channel this energy into an understanding that somehow we’ve been brought here (i.e. a global pandemic) for a reason. But that while we’re here, we all have a role to play in boosting our immune systems, managing stress levels and slowing down the spread of the virus.
To get us started, I’m sharing 10 simple ways to slow down the spread of RoRo-V. This is a compilation of information from doctors and sources that now have a better understanding of the behavior of the virus. Read and share. It’s time for us all to do our part!
- Drink lots of hot liquids, such as warm water, teas and soups. Additionally, take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes. This will keep your mouth moist and wash any of the virus that may have entered your mouth into your stomach, where your gastric juices will neutralize it before it can get to the lungs. Some of my favorite healing teas.
- Gargle with an antiseptic (e.g. vinegar, salt or lemon) in warm water. Do this every day if possible.
- Since the virus attaches itself to hair and clothes, when you’ve been outside and enter your home, avoid sitting down anywhere and go straight to the bath or shower. If you cannot wash your clothes daily, hang them in direct sunlight, which also neutralizes the virus. Note: any detergent or soap will kill the virus. (I’m washing with hydrogen peroxide and essential oils.)
- Wash metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable on these for up to nine days. Be vigilant about touching handrails, door handles, etc, and regularly wash those places.
- Don’t smoke. Covid-19 attacks the lungs, so those who smoke tobacco or marijuana or vape are especially vulnerable.
- Wash your hands thoroughly every 20 minutes using a soap that foams. Do this for 20 seconds.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. To boost your immune system, you want to try to elevate your zinc levels, not just your vitamin C levels.
- Animals do not spread the virus to people – so no need to practice social distancing with your pets! RoRo-V is a person-to-person transmission.
- Try to avoid getting the common flu – it will cause you unnecessary stress during this time period. Institute your normal ways of fighting against a cold, such as avoiding eating and drinking cold things, taking supplements, getting lots of sleep and staying hydrated.
- If you feel any discomfort in your throat or a sore throat coming on, attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system this way and remains for three or four days within the throat before it passes into the lungs.
It is critical for us to follow this protocol to slow down the spread of RoRoV. I know these are uncertain times but I’m here to remind you that we’re all in this together. We can heal together.
Please share this information with your love ones and your community and #GetLovedUp.