If you really show exactly who you are to someone, you’ll be loved for it.
I recently got to be on my new friend Annie Tevelin’s podcast Off the Record, and we had such a great connection, I knew I wanted her on the Get Loved Up Podcast.
Annie struggled for years with cystic acne and after countless visits to dermatologists and tons of money thrown into skincare products, she enrolled in a post-graduate program at UCLA & received a certificate in Cosmetic Chemistry (while working as a make-up artist). From this knowledge came SkinOwl, a skincare company that allowed women to feel as good as they looked.
I am a huge fan of Annie’s skin care products (especially the geranium drops!), but in this episode we actually talked all about relationships. Annie opened up about her experiences of dating, marriage, divorce, healing, getting re-married to the love of her life, and now pregnancy.
I loved every second of this episode, with all of its realness, and I would love to hear your thoughts on relationships after listening. Don’t forget to leave a review of the show on iTunes!
- Ways to view healthy and unhealthy relationships (5:48)
- The difference between being married and being a wife (9:04)
- Why Annie recommends couples therapy before you get married (17:40)
- How things that happened in our childhood affect our current relationships (19:18)
- Why divorce can feel like such a devastating loss (23:42)
- How Annie found herself again after her divorce (35:25)
- What Annie learned from her miscarriage (41:10)
- Annie’s 3 tips to someone who wants to be in a relationship in their 30s (46:38)
Links mentioned in this episode
- Get 15% off your purchase at SkinOwl
- Off the Record Podcast
- The Parliament Project
- Pre-order Koya’s new book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce