If you are someone who has a sweet tooth and enjoys a delicious cookie every now and then, let me introduce you to these AMAZING pumpkin spice oatmeal raisin cookies. This delicious vegan cookie will fill you with the sweet goodness you’re looking for, while providing you with great nutrients. I love using this recipe with Califia’s vegan butter. It’s a healthier version of your normal butter. I hope you try this recipe and comment below. I want to know what you thought about these delicious cookies.
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12-15 cookies
1 cup organic raisins
1 cup hot water
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
1/2 cup califia vegan butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup organic brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- In a medium-sized bowl, add in the raisins along with the hot water and allow the raisins to soften while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and setting it aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat to 350°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, whip the softened vegan butter for 1 minute until it starts to fluff up. Add in both sugars and mix again until fluffy, another minute. Add in the prepared flax egg and vanilla extract and mix once more until combined. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add in the all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix together until everything is evenly distributed and then pour the dry ingredients into the large bowl with the wet ingredients.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet until a smooth cookie dough form.
- Drain the raisins in a colander and transfer them to a clean kitchen towel and pat dry but don’t mash them.
- Add the raisins into the cookie dough mixture along with the rolled oats and mix them through using a spatula until they are well incorporated into the moist cookie dough.
- Scoop out 2 heaping tablespoons of cookie dough into your hands, roll it into a ball with the palm of your hands and place it onto the baking sheet. Continue until you have rolled out all of the dough (12-15 cookies total).
- Be sure to spread the cookies apart on the baking sheet as they will spread out while they bake.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. The cookies will be very soft when you pull them out but don’t worry. They will set and harden as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes and then using a spatula, transfer them to a cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes more to set.
- Serve and enjoy.