“Human beings are wired to help.”
Mark Victor Hansen is best known as the co-author for the Chicken Soup for the Soul book series and brand, setting world records in book sales, with over 500 million books sold. Mark also worked his way into a worldwide spotlight as a sought-after keynote speaker, and entrepreneurial marketing maven, creating a stream of successful people who have created massive success for themselves through Mark’s unique teachings and wisdom. With his endearing charismatic style, Mark captures his audience’s attention as well as their hearts. Having spoken to over 6,000 audiences world-wide with his one-of-a-kind technique and masterful authority of his work, time and again he continues to receive high accolades from his audiences as one of the most dynamic and compelling speakers and leaders of our time. Mark and his beautiful wife, Crystal Dwyer Hansen, have co-written their newest book to be released in April 2020 called, ASK! The Bridge from Your Dreams to Your Destiny.
Crystal Dwyer Hansen is an international speaker, researcher, corporate consultant, author, and entrepreneur. Her expertise is in the field of human potential. Through her years spent as a Transformational Life Coach, and Wellness/Nutrition Expert, she has seen people experience profound and lasting transformation in relationships, career, health & wellness, by tapping into their own inner resources. Having personally guided people from seemingly impossible states of depression, anxiety, and hopelessness—to triumph, freedom, and happiness, is what drives Crystal’s conviction that all people have unlimited potential for greatness if they only understand how to access those resources.
In this episode, Koya, Mark and Crystal talk about the power of asking questions as a way to bond with others and reach new goals. Mark and Crystal share their wisdom on getting past rejection, bringing back childhood curiosity and becoming unafraid to ask for assistance.
- Breakthrough time (2:35)
- The bridge from your dreams to your destiny (8:24)
- Relationships (10:05)
- Fear of asking and not getting what you want (12:49)
- “Asking is the way human beings bond. If we’re not asking, we’re not bonding.” (16:20)
- Everyone has a great destiny (18:01)
- “When you get rejection, you say, next!” (19:40)
- Discerning between moving between goals and moving on (21:24)
- 7 Roadblocks (24:29)
- Profound questions (27:15
- Advice for your younger self (34:40)
- Getting past rejection (42:20)
Links mentioned in this episode
- Ask: The Bridge From Your Dreams to Your Destiny
- Order Koya’s book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce