“It’s a spiritual practice to listen, to get in tune. First, you got to get in tune. Like a whole instrument. That attunement is what impeccable listening will do.”
– Queen Afua
Meet Queen Afua
Queen Afua is a New York Times best selling author, holistic health practitioner and wellness coach and a pioneer in the green foods movement. She is the author of 5 best selling books, the creator of the Heal Thyself product line, Founder of Sacred Woman Rites of Passage Program and CEO of the Queen Afua Wellness Center.
She has devoted her life to fighting diseases by teaching people how to understand and utilize the power of food, self-care, and holistic healthy choices as an empowering lifestyle.
Queen Afua has inspired over 1,000,000 women, men and children throughout the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Africa, and Europe with her workshops, books, products, and presentations.
In This Episode
In this episode of the Get Loved Up Podcast, Koya Webb talks to author and health practitioner Queen Afua. Koya and Queen focus on healing through the nourishment of the body, mind, and soul, and learning the power of impeccable listening. Queen shares a lot of practical tips, from healthy food choices to reframing mindsets and how healing is a journey.
“I found that all disease is two things: malnourishment and toxicity. So if you’re depressed, you’re malnourished. That’s all. And so when you nourish yourself, then depression will leave. It’s just the body is breaking down because you’re not building it up.” – Queen Afua
Get Loved Up with Queen Afua
I hope you find an incredible amount of hope, inspiration and value, as I did, in what Queen Afua shares with us in this episode. If so, please tag @queenafua, and I, @koyawebb, on Instagram with a screenshot of the episode and your favorite takeaways. Hearing about what you’ve learned from us, and what your favorite moments were, inspires us to continue making a positive impact in this world.
Until next time, love yourself, love others, and love the world. One day at a time, one breath at a time.
- 02:30 Healing is a Daily Practice
- 05:57 Top 5 Things To Do To Purify Oneself
- 09:58 The Challenge With Family
- 12:04 Be Patient With Growth
- 15:04 Pray Every Day
- 18:03 Nourishment Will Help You Heal
- 22:26 Reframe Your Situation
- 23:35 How Do We End All suffering?
- 32:50 Allow the Help To Come Through
- 35:09 Give Yourself What You Need
- 38:21 Dark Periods are like messengers
- 44:04 Learning How To Listen
- 56:46 Be Open Like The Water
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Check Out Queen Afua’s book here
- Order Koya’s book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce
- Learn more about Koya’s Yoga Teacher Training Programs
- Join the Get Loved Up Membership