Your discipline is your freedom.
I was blown away when I heard the story of Ashley Stahl, counter-terrorism professional turned career coach. I mean, how often do you hear that kind of career transition? But as I got to know her, I learned so much more about how relatable Ashley’s story is, and why I think we can all relate to the choices she has made.
Ashley is a career coach who helps job seekers via online programs and one-on-one coaching in finding their purpose, landing more job offers and launching their dream businesses. She also founded CAKE Publishing, a ghostwriting, copywriting and publicity house to help influencers and companies create content (articles, blogs, email sequences) that inspires their customers.
Prior to being an entrepreneur, she was an award-winning counterterrorism professional who helped government officials prepare for the frontline of the war on terror. She has helped more than 5,000 job seekers in 31 countries in landing a new job they love.
In this conversation, we not only talk about how possible it is for anyone to start a new career at any time, but we also talk about the spiritual journey of ups and downs that many of us need to walk as we find our purpose. I know you’re going to be as inspired as I was as you listen to Ashley’s story.
- The difference between an interest and a calling (2:16)
- Why we are always reacting to history (4:48)
- How to process and release something heavy that happens to someone else (10:02)
- What a “you turn” is (12:00)
- Why getting used to rejection is helpful (16:43)
- What happens when you follow what you’re meant to do (20:32)
- 3 ways to tap into your intuition (21:13)
- How attachment and denial cost you money (25:02)
- Ashley’s advice for knowing if your relationship is right for you (33:01)
- What Ashley would say to her 16 year old self (38:05)
- How Ashley gets loved up (39:58)