I learned to forgive myself for shutting down. Only then was I able to connect to my own expression.
Here is my first solo episode on the Get Loved Up Podcast! I knew I needed to sit down and record my thoughts on a very important topic. I wanted to post this episode on a different day than the interviews we’re doing on the podcast, so you can expect more solo episodes on Wednesdays.
This episode is about one of the biggest issues facing our society today – sexual assault. I share about my own experiences with assault, how I’ve healed from it, and why it’s so important to speak up when something happens.
If you have experienced this yourself, or are supporting a friend going through it, I hope that this is a healing episode for you to listen to.
- Why any kind of sexual assault is not okay (0:45)
- What you can do if you have been sexually assaulted (2:07)
- Koya’s most recent experience with sexual assault (2:36)
- How to make sure you aren’t crossing someone’s boundaries (4:30)
- Why drunk hookups aren’t safe (8:10)
- Why it’s so important to speak up if something has happened (9:57)
Links mentioned in this episode
- Pre-order Koya’s new book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce