When you help others find their greatness, you will find greatness too.
As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, we’re bringing you more conversations on how to process, heal from, and move forward from sexual abuse. This conversation is with Niyc Pidgeon, who I recently met and was amazed and inspired by her story of turning her pain into power.
Niyc is a girl from Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK with a big heart, a big vision, and a big big mission. Her aim is to help a million women change their lives using Positive Psychology by the year 2020, and she is well on her way to creating that.
Through her best selling book, Now Is Your Chance, her personal coaching programs, and online Now Is Your Chance community, she is helping you help yourself by equipping you with the tangible tools, and personal learnings that can really help you make a positive difference in your life.
- How to choose a positive perspective around trauma (2:00)
- Why Niyc tried to taker her own life at 12 years old (3:04)
- How to turn pain into power (6:28)
- The importance of consistent safe space to heal (10:05)
- How meditation helps to heal trauma (11:35)
- How Niyc knew it was time to share her story of abuse publicly (17:15)
- Why sisterhood is so important to healing and collaboration (23:55)
- How relationships teach us about ourselves (25:16)
- What to look for in a partner when you are a successful, independent woman (30:29)
- How Niyc gets loved up (31:38)
Links mentioned in this episode
- Unstoppable Success Mastermind
- Get Niyc’s book Now Is Your Chance
- One Bracelet UN Campaign
- Pre-order Koya’s new book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce