You don’t have to be perfect to be useful.
The moment I saw today’s guest, I was overcome with her peaceful energy and grace. I knew she would have so much wisdom to share, and of course, she does.
Krishna Kaur, a dynamic, heart centered Yoga teacher, began studying with Yogi Bhajan in 1970 and has passionately taught the art and science of Kundalini Yoga and Self Awareness for over 40 years. She brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from her teaching in Africa, Mexico, and inner cities throughout the United States. A master teacher trainer of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, she conducts workshops in Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Krishna Kaur is someone who makes me realize that life is to be enjoyed and she reminds me to keep things in beautiful perspective. I’m so excited for you to feel her calm energy in this episode as we discuss the power of yoga and mindfulness to cultivate inner peace.
- How to find the courage to make a huge life change (7:10)
- What a spiritual awakening can look like (11:11)
- How to manage being a person of color in the yoga community (19:26)
- What kundalini yoga is (22:30)
- The benefit of cold showers (28:17)
- The connection between teaching something and being something (33:15)
- Why children need yoga today (42:16)
- The acronym meaning of YOGA (44:05)
- How to change your thoughts from constant comparison (46:14)
- How to disrupt a negative pattern (49:15)
- Krishna’s favorite mantras (52:09)
- How Krishna gets loved up (53:11)
- How to know the difference between something you should push forward in and something you should let go of (54:25)
Links mentioned in this episode
- Krishna’s Kundalini Teacher Training
- Yoga for Youth
- Get 10% off your first purchase at Primally Pure with code “KOYA”
- Order Koya’s new book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce