Your thoughts can be used in service of your highest good.
I got to sit down with one of my dear friends to record this episode and the vibes were on point.
My brother from another mother, Justin Michael Williams, is a mashup of Beyoncé, Oprah, and Marie Forleo. He is a chart-topping singer, meditation teacher, and inspirational powerhouse.
Justin’s music and message speaks directly toward the issues, struggles, and heart of the world’s marginalized voices. He creates for the LGBTQ+ community, the black community, starving artists and workaholic conscious creatives, and for anyone who’s voice has been silenced.
As a transformational leader, he has been featured on stages and publications alongside Deepak Chopra, Oprah Winfrey, Don Miguel Ruiz, and more.
In this episode, Justin speaks openly and freely and how he healed from trauma through yoga, meditation, and found his (incredible!) voice after years of hiding it. I can’t wait for you to be inspired by his story.
- Justin’s top 3 most motivational inspirations (2:41)
- Why it’s so important to understand your shadow side (3:55)
- How to gain acceptance from yourself and others (11:15)
- How body image issues affect men as well as women (14:55)
- The way yoga healed Justin’s eating disorder (16:05)
- How to get through a difficult healing process (17:55)
- What to do if you feel like you have no one to confide in (20:51)
- How to handle comparison in a healthy way (21:55)
- Justin singing a sample of one of his songs (25:15)
- How Justin found his voice again after being bullied (25:54)
- How to silence your inner critic (30:01)
- What mantras are actually used for (34:20)
- Justin’s top meditation tips (37:01)
- How to make money from a healthy mindset (45:44)
- How Justin gets loved up (51:20)
Links mentioned in this episode
- Brene Brown
- Robert Augustus Masters
- Justin’s free meditation guide
- Lorin Roche
- Daana Blue
- Pre-order Koya’s new book Let Your Fears Make You Fierce