I’ve realized that a lot of people tend to shy away from salads because they don’t think they’ll get enough satisfaction or fulfillment from eating them. But, salads can be incredibly satisfying if you play around and master mixing the right ingredients together. Here’s a salad recipe that is guaranteed to introduce you to some great flavor, crunch, and satisfy your cravings.
What you’ll need:
- Destemmed Kale
- 1-2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Lime
- Liquid Aminos
- Red Cayenne Pepper
- Pecans and Raisins
How to Make:
- Place your destemmed kale into a large bowl and squeeze the juice of half of the lime over the bowl of kale.
- Take an avocado (use two if you want more creaminess in the salad,) split it in half and remove the pit. Squeeze or scoop out the contents of the avocado and place over the kale.
- Take your liquid aminos and drizzle as much or as little as you want over the salad. (Hint: liquid aminos gives your salad an excellent flavor and tastes just like bacon! Use your judgement on how strong of that flavor you want to decide how much to put on your salad)
- After you’ve drizzled your liquid aminos over the salad, it’s time to get to the fun part! Take your bare hands (make sure they are clean of course,) and start massaging all of the ingredients together in the bowl. By massaging the healthy fat (the avocado) well into the salad, this will help improve digestibility when consuming this meal.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed in well, take your cayenne pepper and add a few dashes on top of the salad depending on how much of a kick you’d like. If you aren’t a fan of cayenne, this step is optional of course!
- I don’t know about you, but I love adding a nice crunch factor into my salads. If you want to make things a little more fancy, top your salad off with pecans. If the salad is just for yourself, ¼ cup of pecans work, but ultimately the decision is up to you. If you want a bit more sweetness in your salad, add some raisins on top!
And that’s it! You’re dirty kale salad is all ready to serve and eat. This recipe is so easy and takes at least 5 minutes to make. It gives you all of the flavors you need to feel satisfied AND to top it off, this meal is healthy and great for your body to digest.
I want you to give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it! Don’t forget to tag me and share pictures of your salad on Instagram.